By Susan Pickard
"With nice rigour, but an enviable lightness of contact, Susan Pickard has written an enticing and available ebook that scholars will love."
- Rosaline Gill, urban collage London
"A scholarly travel de strength that brings into concentration a number of the disciplines, histories, literatures and knowledges that experience remodeled us into glossy matters of age."
- Stephen Katz, Trent University
Age Studies takes an invigorating method of the study of age and ageing in modern society. Encompassing growing old through the existence path, taking in adolescence, formative years, mid-life and older age, and positioned explicitly inside of a sociological disciplinary framework, Age Studies:
- Explores present social technology debates at the research of growing old linking those to middle sociological concepts.
- Links thought and alertness, utilizing various examples and foreign case studies
- Includes bankruptcy summaries, additional studying and guided questions.
A thought-provoking better half to complex undergraduates and postgraduate scholar learning ageing, older humans, social gerontology and comparable courses.
Read or Download Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course PDF
Best gerontology books
Illustrated with plentiful medical fabric, this ebook presents crucial wisdom and abilities for potent psychological overall healthiness perform with older adults. It demonstrates easy methods to assessment and deal with often encountered medical difficulties during this inhabitants, together with dementias, temper and anxiousness problems, and paranoid indicators.
What's intended by means of narrative? How can one elicit a story or learn it in study? How can narrative paintings most sensible be facilitated between older adults? this can be the single textual content to supply complete information regarding the functions of narrative methods in group and long term settings, writing within the digital global, and such person paintings as journaling or poetry.
Initially released in 1980, this e-book comprises the lawsuits from a memorial convention held in honour of George A. Talland, who made an important contribution to the realm of reminiscence and getting older. the key aim of the quantity used to be to stimulate learn in the direction of a extra accomplished knowing of age comparable transformations in reminiscence.
«Senso dell'umorismo, prosa energica e capacità di vedere e sperimentare in modo positivo il trascorrere degli anni, rendono questo libro un aiuto prezioso, un fattore di cambiamento della mentalità e una lettura gradevolissima. »Publisher Weekly«Un libro radicale, esuberante e pieno di fatti, analisi e notizie che smentiscono tutti i pregiudizi e gli stereotipi sulla vecchiaia.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Aging: Research and Clinical Perspectives
- Spirituality and Hospice Social Work (End-of-Life Care: A Series)
- Middle Adulthood: A Lifespan Perspective
- Viktor Frankl's Contribution to Spirituality and Aging
- Alter ist nicht gleich Alter. Zur Ausdifferenzierung der marketingrelevanten Zielgruppe "Generation 50plus" (German Edition)
Additional resources for Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course
Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course by Susan Pickard